For a long time, I resisted the essential oils movement.
I had such a great experience with making diet and lifestyle changes and I couldn’t imagine how essential oils could have even close to the same dramatically positive effects.
Initially, I bought a few oils from Sprouts purely as a safe alternative to chemical-laden fragrances for DIY products (deodorant, lip balm, etc.). I liked them. But to be completely honest, I didn’t love them. They were definitely something I could live without.
So when my oil-loving friend made me a blend of peppermint, lavender, and lemon EOs from Young Living to help with my seasonal allergies, I was skeptical.
And then one morning when my eyes were so puffy, itchy, and watery (the joys of living on a farm) that I could barely stand to open them, I decided to give the blend she had made a try. I dabbed the roller bottle onto my temples and gently massaged it into my skin for a few seconds.
Much to my surprise, my allergy symptoms were completely GONE within about 20 minutes!
I was shocked. Seriously.
For the next few weeks, I faithfully used the blend with the same level of success every time my allergies flared up (which happened less and less frequently the more I used it).
Once I ran out of the blend, going on without it wasn’t even an option. So I contacted my friend and ordered a Premium Starter Kit from Young Living — a decision I haven’t regretted a single bit! In fact, it’s sort of hard to imagine how I went so long without them. And although I still consider myself to be fairly new to the high quality essential oil movement, I’ve already found so many wonderful uses for these powerful gems. Here’s a few of them:
- I LOVE using YL’s Pan Away EO blend for muscle cramps and tweaks I get from CrossFit. It’s been a total lifesaver.
- The diffuser that comes with the YL Premium Starter Kit has also been amazing to have on hand. I like to diffuse joy when I’m feeling down, Stress Away when I’m stressed, and lavender around bedtime to help me sleep better.
- Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint (in addition to being amazing at busting allergy symptoms) are also my favorite smelling oils. I use them in DIY skincare products (a few drops of lemon in my homemade toner made from water and apple cider vinegar has helped to clear my skin) and also diffuse them on a regular basis.
Despite my growing fondness of essential oils, I still don’t believe that they’re a “cure-all” or that they should be considered as any kind of substitute for a healthy diet, sleep, exercise, and everything else that makes up a well-rounded and healthy lifestyle.
But I DO believe that they can enhance a healthy lifestyle in many ways. I’ve seen real, tangible changes in my skin, mood, and overall health by using essential oils. Plus, they just make me happy. And they’re fun to use!
If you like what you’ve heard so far, chances are you’ll enjoy exploring the world of essential oils just as much as I have. If not, it may be best to hold off on taking the plunge as it does take some level of commitment and interest to effectively use and “figure out” essential oils.
I did look into other brands and options before purchasing. And after a bit of research, this is why I ended up going with Young Living:
- I had already tried, liked, and benefited from using their oils.
- Young Living owns most of their own farms and partners closely with co-op farms where it isn’t possible to own land. Their involvement in growing their plants as well as their strict quality control and testing throughout the entire process (from seed to seal) is unmatched.
- Chemicals, wonky filler ingredients, etc. are never used on YL plants or oils.
At first, I was kind of put off by the way in which Young Living sells their oils. But once I experienced the potency of YL oils, I kind of understood why they sell it that way. These oils generate real results for real people. What better form of marketing than through the shared experiences of friends, family, etc.? Ultimately, I put my opinions aside and just went with it. And I’m so glad I did!
Common Oil Questions — Answered
Q: Can’t I just order a few oils without becoming a member?
A: Sure! But you’ll miss out on the 24% wholesale discount, which is huge! And since becoming a member comes at no extra cost to you, it just makes a lot more sense. The only thing required of you in becoming a member is to order a starter kit from Young Living. I recommend the Premium Starter Kit (details below). It’s a killer deal and will provide you with a nice sampling of oils to start out with (along with a diffuser)!
Q: Does becoming a member mean I need to start selling oils?
A: Not at all! If you chose to sign up as a member/distributor (which I recommend doing), you never have to sell a single oil to anyone! But if you want to, you’ll have the option to make $50 every time a friend or family member orders a Premium Starter Kit under your Enroller/Sponsor ID (providing you’ve spent at least $50 in that same month).
Q: Do I need to make a minimum monthly purchase once I sign up?
A: Heck no! You can continue to get wholesale pricing (24% off) after signing up whether you order once a week or once a year (you will however, need to spend $50 a year in order to keep your membership active).
Q: How do I sign up?
A: Becoming a member with Young Living is fairly simple. I’ll show you how in the section below!
How to Sign Up for Young Living Essential Oils
If you’re ready to sign up and don’t need to be walked through the process, CLICK HERE to enroll under my Sponsor/Enroller ID (2246463).
And if you want a bit of guidance (like I did), feel free to follow along with the following steps while you sign up!
- Step #1: CLICK HERE to get started! This page will get you signed up under my Sponsor/Enroller ID. If it doesn’t show up, you can add it manually (2246463).
- Step #2: I would suggest signing up as a MEMBER (and not as a retail customer). As discussed above, signing up as a member doesn’t cost any more than signing up as a retail customer. As a matter of fact, it actually costs LESS because you’ll get a whopping 24% off of every order! (with no monthly minimums and no obligation to sell)
- Step #3: Fill out the required information (name, address, blah blah). No need to worry about giving YL your social. They ask you for it in case you end up making more than $600/year selling their oils, in which case they’ll need to send you a 1099, as required by law. It will never be shared with anyone. (remember, you don’t ever have to sell YL oils once you sign up, but it’s nice to have the option in case people you know want to purchase oils)
- Step #4: Create a password and pin (pick something you’ll remember and/or write it down)!
- Step #5: Select your enrollment order. This is where you decide which starter kit to buy (it’s necessary to purchase a kit – as opposed to an individual oil – in order to become a Wholesale Member). I highly recommend the Premium Starter Kit (more on that below). It’s what I started with and it’s also what many of my close friends and family members have also chosen as their first order.
- Step #6: Sign up for the Essential Rewards program if you want to. YL Essential Rewards allows you to earn money back through regular monthly orders. I didn’t sign up for this in the beginning, but ended up enrolling in it a few months later (after I realized how much I LOVED these oils). Click here to learn more about essential rewards and decide if it’s something you’re interested in. (remember, you can always enroll in ER later on like I did!)
- Step #7: Agree to Terms & Conditions.
- Step #8: CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. Yay!
What You Get with a Premium Starter Kit
Like I said above, I highly recommend starting out with a Premium Starter Kit. It contains a sampling of 10 of YL’s most popular oils, a diffuser, and some other awesome goodies.
This kit is a good way to get acquainted with YL oils, as there’s a good chance many of the oils in the starter kit will quickly become staples in your personal/health care routine. These oils will give you a pretty good idea of what YL has to offer.
When you order the Premium Starter Kit, you’ll get:
And remember that friend I told you about above (you know, the one who got me hooked on oils)? Well, she (with her team) runs a cool little YL Essential Oils community called Lavender & Lime. And if you sign up under my Sponsor/Enroller ID, you’ll also get access to the Lavender & Lime private facebook group where you can ask questions, see how others are using their oils, and have the support of more than 1,000 other members.
If you’re ready to take the plunge into the world of high quality essential oils, click here to sign up!
And if you have ANY questions about essential oils, how to sign up, etc., feel free to email me at email@example.com. Although I’m no expert, I’ve learned a lot since starting out with Young Living and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have (or find someone who can)!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, where I regularly share tips, blog posts, giveaways, and more — all to help YOU live a healthier and more balanced life!